Friday, February 24, 2017

It's Really Happening!

Simon and I have known for 6 months that I was headed to Shanghai in March.  What we didn't know was what an amazing time we would have in Portland before I left, and how hard it would be to leave.  What we also didn't know was whether Simon would be coming with me to Shanghai, staying in Portland, heading back east, or going on his own adventure.

As I write this, Simon is currently on a flight over the Pacific Ocean on his way from Honolulu to Melbourne, where he will begin his own adventure working the wine harvest in southern Australia.  When he lands, he has a few days booked at a Melbourne hostel and then will figure out his next steps from there.

I just finished up an epic day of errands, including saying goodbye to my Nike friends, meeting a Chinese couple who gave me great advice about Shanghai, and visiting the DMV sloths to get our car registration switched from Vermont to Oregon.  There are a bunch more errands to get done before I leave for Shanghai on Tuesday morning and at this point I am eager to wrap everything up and get on the road myself.

Neither of us has really blogged before on a consistent basis, but I'm hoping we can keep this up as a way to remember and share our adventures in Asia/Australia.

Until next time,
-Katy

1 comment:

  1. Eager to check in on both of your adventures. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete